Clinton Foundation donates to Penn charity
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The William J. Clinton Foundation is donating half a million dollars to the J/P Haitian Relief Organization founded by Sean Penn.
According to the former president, the money will help provide health care, education and job training to tens of thousands of people displaced by the quake that struck Haiti in January.
The actor's organization manages a refugee camp in Port-au-Prince and is working to relocate its 55,000 residents.
The group also provides counseling, educational seminars and medical services.
Penn praised his mostly Haitian staff Friday for earning Clinton's faith and performing "heroic and vital services."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
bill clinton, celebrity, charity, entertainment
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 30 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested 54 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble 42 min ago
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry 18 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)