Aguilera files for divorce from husband
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Just days after announcing their separation, singer Christina Aguilera filed for divorce from her husband, Jordan Bratman, on Thursday.
The Grammy winning performer filed papers Thursday in Los Angeles to end her nearly five year marriage.
In a statement announcing their separation on Tuesday, Aguilera said the pair's commitment to their son "remains as strong as ever."
Aguilera cites irreconcilable differences for the breakup.
The couple has one son and they are seeking joint custody.
The entertainer's 1999 debut album, "Christina Aguilera," was a commercial success and included such hit singles as "Genie in a Bottle." But her latest CD, "Bionic," generated poor sales when released earlier this year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, divorce, music news, entertainment
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 16 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 52 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
46 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
47 min ago