Aguilera files for divorce from husband
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Just days after announcing their separation, singer Christina Aguilera filed for divorce from her husband, Jordan Bratman, on Thursday.
The Grammy winning performer filed papers Thursday in Los Angeles to end her nearly five year marriage.
In a statement announcing their separation on Tuesday, Aguilera said the pair's commitment to their son "remains as strong as ever."
Aguilera cites irreconcilable differences for the breakup.
The couple has one son and they are seeking joint custody.
The entertainer's 1999 debut album, "Christina Aguilera," was a commercial success and included such hit singles as "Genie in a Bottle." But her latest CD, "Bionic," generated poor sales when released earlier this year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, divorce, music news, entertainment
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book