Celebs support 'Best in Drag' for AIDS cause
DOWNTOWN L.A. (KABC) -- The red carpet was rolled out in downtown L.A. for the eighth annual "Best in Drag" show.
Sunday night's event was presented by Aid for AIDS, one of the oldest aids organizations in the country.
Several celebrities turned out for the show, including actress Linda Hamilton from "The Terminator" movies and Anna Faris from "Scary Movie."
Kathy Griffin opened the show. The comedienne had been supporting the event for years.
Contest categories included swimsuit, evening gown and talent.
Hundred percent of the proceeds benefited Aid for AIDS.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
downtown, aids, celebrity, charity, entertainment
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 21 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 14 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
32 min ago