Celebs support 'Best in Drag' for AIDS cause
DOWNTOWN L.A. (KABC) -- The red carpet was rolled out in downtown L.A. for the eighth annual "Best in Drag" show.
Sunday night's event was presented by Aid for AIDS, one of the oldest aids organizations in the country.
Several celebrities turned out for the show, including actress Linda Hamilton from "The Terminator" movies and Anna Faris from "Scary Movie."
Kathy Griffin opened the show. The comedienne had been supporting the event for years.
Contest categories included swimsuit, evening gown and talent.
Hundred percent of the proceeds benefited Aid for AIDS.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
downtown, aids, celebrity, charity, entertainment
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 14 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 41 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 3 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 7 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 9 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
43 min ago