Celebs support 'Best in Drag' for AIDS cause
DOWNTOWN L.A. (KABC) -- The red carpet was rolled out in downtown L.A. for the eighth annual "Best in Drag" show.
Sunday night's event was presented by Aid for AIDS, one of the oldest aids organizations in the country.
Several celebrities turned out for the show, including actress Linda Hamilton from "The Terminator" movies and Anna Faris from "Scary Movie."
Kathy Griffin opened the show. The comedienne had been supporting the event for years.
Contest categories included swimsuit, evening gown and talent.
Hundred percent of the proceeds benefited Aid for AIDS.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
downtown, aids, celebrity, charity, entertainment
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 28 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 45 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 9 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer 7 min ago
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book