Celebs support 'Best in Drag' for AIDS cause
DOWNTOWN L.A. (KABC) -- The red carpet was rolled out in downtown L.A. for the eighth annual "Best in Drag" show.
Sunday night's event was presented by Aid for AIDS, one of the oldest aids organizations in the country.
Several celebrities turned out for the show, including actress Linda Hamilton from "The Terminator" movies and Anna Faris from "Scary Movie."
Kathy Griffin opened the show. The comedienne had been supporting the event for years.
Contest categories included swimsuit, evening gown and talent.
Hundred percent of the proceeds benefited Aid for AIDS.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
downtown, aids, celebrity, charity, entertainment
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 2 min ago
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised