Sheen going back to work after scandal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Charlie Sheen is expected to return to work this week.
According to People magazine, the 45-year-old actor will film a cameo in a small movie later this week and return to "Two and a Half Men" on Tuesday.
Sheen was sent to a New York hospital on Tuesday for psychiatric evaluation after being found disoriented and naked in a room at The Plaza Hotel. He was released later that day.
Hotel security was summoned to the actor's room at about 2 a.m. by 22-year-old Christina Walsh, a porn star who works under the name Capri Anderson.
Walsh told security that the actor was throwing furniture and yelling. Sheen's publicist blames the ordeal on an adverse reaction to medication.
According to New York police, the actor appeared highly intoxicated and that the room had been trashed. The damage is estimated to be in the thousands.
Sheen was reportedly in New York on a family vacation with his ex-wife, Denise Richards, and their two children, Sam, 6, and Lola, 5. They were staying in separate rooms next door to each other at the posh hotel.
The actor has had problems with alcohol and drugs in the past.
In August, he pleaded guilty in Aspen, Colo., to misdemeanor third-degree assault after a Christmas Day altercation with his wife, Brooke Mueller Sheen.
Mueller Sheen, who is the mother of twins with Sheen, told TMZ this week that she is not worried about the safety of her children and that her husband will be fine.
Sheen is one week away from finishing his probation following the Christmas Day assault.
Meanwhile, the actor's behavior doesn't seem to be affecting his career. The star's new contract with "Two and a Half Men" pays him nearly $2 million per episode.
"Fans seem accepting of it in a weird way," said Dalton Ross of Entertainment Weekly. "It may be because they see him play these characters that are out drinking and stuff."
Authorities found no drugs in the actor's room.
celebrity, entertainment, ellen leyva
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 37 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones 32 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)