Avril Lavigne, Deryck Whibley finalize split
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Singer Avril Lavigne and rocker husband Deryck Whibley have finalized their divorce.
According to court records, a judge approved the terms of their breakup on Tuesday in Los Angeles. The agreement gives each performer the rights to their song catalogues, awards and guitars.
Neither side is entitled to spousal support.
Lavigne, who came into fame with her 2002 album, "Let's Go," filed for divorce in October 2009, citing irreconcilable differences.
Whibley is a guitarist and vocalist with the band Sum 41.
The two were married in July 2006 and have no children together.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, divorce, entertainment
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 13 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)