Avril Lavigne, Deryck Whibley finalize split
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Singer Avril Lavigne and rocker husband Deryck Whibley have finalized their divorce.
According to court records, a judge approved the terms of their breakup on Tuesday in Los Angeles. The agreement gives each performer the rights to their song catalogues, awards and guitars.
Neither side is entitled to spousal support.
Lavigne, who came into fame with her 2002 album, "Let's Go," filed for divorce in October 2009, citing irreconcilable differences.
Whibley is a guitarist and vocalist with the band Sum 41.
The two were married in July 2006 and have no children together.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, divorce, entertainment
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors