Hans Zimmer gets star, dedicates it to Chasen
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday. In a bitter-sweet moment, he dedicated his star to slain publicist Ronni Chasen, whom he described as a long-time friend and confidant.
Zimmerman's music can be heard in movies like the Dark Knight, Inception and the Lion King,
At the ceremony, director Christopher Nolan praised Zimmer's musical skills.
"To me, there is no composer working who has done more to define the sound of contemporary films," Nolan said.
But when Zimmer took the stage, he quickly turned the attention to Chasen.
"I would like to dedicate this star in loving memory to my mother and friend, the great Ronni Chasen," Zimmer said.
Zimmer said Chasen helped him advance his career in Hollywood. The publicist's killing last month shocked the entertainment community, but hit Zimmer especially hard.
"There's somebody I've been talking to on a daily basis for the last 20 odd years of my life," Zimmer said. "She was the first person at the hospital when my kids were born. There wasn't a Thanksgiving or children's party without her. I feel an acute sense of loss in my heart."
In fact, Zimmer says Chasen is the one who convinced him to accept the star on the Walk of Fame.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment, rob hayes
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months