Hans Zimmer gets star, dedicates it to Chasen
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday. In a bitter-sweet moment, he dedicated his star to slain publicist Ronni Chasen, whom he described as a long-time friend and confidant.
Zimmerman's music can be heard in movies like the Dark Knight, Inception and the Lion King,
At the ceremony, director Christopher Nolan praised Zimmer's musical skills.
"To me, there is no composer working who has done more to define the sound of contemporary films," Nolan said.
But when Zimmer took the stage, he quickly turned the attention to Chasen.
"I would like to dedicate this star in loving memory to my mother and friend, the great Ronni Chasen," Zimmer said.
Zimmer said Chasen helped him advance his career in Hollywood. The publicist's killing last month shocked the entertainment community, but hit Zimmer especially hard.
"There's somebody I've been talking to on a daily basis for the last 20 odd years of my life," Zimmer said. "She was the first person at the hospital when my kids were born. There wasn't a Thanksgiving or children's party without her. I feel an acute sense of loss in my heart."
In fact, Zimmer says Chasen is the one who convinced him to accept the star on the Walk of Fame.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment, rob hayes
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 23 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 52 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 59 min ago