Shania Twain, exec wed on New Year's Day
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (KABC) -- Country singer Shania Twain and businessman Frederic Thiebaud tied the knot.
The two got married on New Year's Day in Puerto Rico.
According to Twain's website, 40 close relatives and friends watched the couple tie the knot.
Twain and Thiebaud announced their engagement in December.
The two got together after Twain's now ex-husband allegedly had an affair with Thiebaud's now ex-wife.
The 45-year-old singer from Ontario, Canada, said she reached out to Frederic Thiebaud in the aftermath, writing on her website last year that she had found "a dear friend and true gentleman."
Twain has an autobiography due out in the spring and is scheduled to have her own show on Oprah Winfrey's television network.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate