George Clooney to begin filming movie in Feb.
CINCINNATI (KABC) -- George Clooney's new film, "Ides of March" is expected to begin shooting in February and will apparently require "hundreds of extras."
The head of the regional film commission in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky said scenes for the film will be shot in more than 24 locations.
Clooney directs and also stars as a Democratic governor running in the presidential primaries.
Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman also star in the film.
No release date has been set for the film, but officials said Clooney's Smokehouse Pictures plans to open a production office in the area.
Clooney's father, Nick, has worked as a TV news anchor in Cincinnati and also wrote a newspaper column there.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review