George Clooney to begin filming movie in Feb.
CINCINNATI (KABC) -- George Clooney's new film, "Ides of March" is expected to begin shooting in February and will apparently require "hundreds of extras."
The head of the regional film commission in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky said scenes for the film will be shot in more than 24 locations.
Clooney directs and also stars as a Democratic governor running in the presidential primaries.
Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman also star in the film.
No release date has been set for the film, but officials said Clooney's Smokehouse Pictures plans to open a production office in the area.
Clooney's father, Nick, has worked as a TV news anchor in Cincinnati and also wrote a newspaper column there.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX 24 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors