George Clooney to begin filming movie in Feb.
CINCINNATI (KABC) -- George Clooney's new film, "Ides of March" is expected to begin shooting in February and will apparently require "hundreds of extras."
The head of the regional film commission in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky said scenes for the film will be shot in more than 24 locations.
Clooney directs and also stars as a Democratic governor running in the presidential primaries.
Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman also star in the film.
No release date has been set for the film, but officials said Clooney's Smokehouse Pictures plans to open a production office in the area.
Clooney's father, Nick, has worked as a TV news anchor in Cincinnati and also wrote a newspaper column there.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Southern California heat expected to die down 20 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians