George Clooney to begin filming movie in Feb.
CINCINNATI (KABC) -- George Clooney's new film, "Ides of March" is expected to begin shooting in February and will apparently require "hundreds of extras."
The head of the regional film commission in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky said scenes for the film will be shot in more than 24 locations.
Clooney directs and also stars as a Democratic governor running in the presidential primaries.
Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman also star in the film.
No release date has been set for the film, but officials said Clooney's Smokehouse Pictures plans to open a production office in the area.
Clooney's father, Nick, has worked as a TV news anchor in Cincinnati and also wrote a newspaper column there.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate