Betty White celebrates her 89th birthday
NEW YORK CITY (KABC) -- Betty White celebrated her 89th birthday in style with a huge party Tuesday night in New York City.
Justin Bieber sang "Happy Birthday" over a monitor as a giant cake was wheeled out.
Guests included her "Hot in Cleveland" co-stars Wendy Malick, Jane Leeves, and Valerie Bertenelli. It's because of those ladies that White said she decided to come back for a second season on the show.
"I'm looking forward to working with these wonderful gals that I work with. And having the fun we have so far, and have it continue," Betty White said.
With a career that spans 63 years and some of the most respected sitcoms of all-time, White has no plans to slow down.
"If it weren't fun I would have retired a long time ago," she said. "It's just been a lovely year, I must admit."
The Associated Press contributed to this article
new york, celebrity, entertainment
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 50 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 46 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 16 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
28 min ago