George Clooney contracts malaria in Sudan
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor and humanitarian George Clooney is on the mend after contracting malaria on a recent trip to Sudan.
The 49-year-old actor's publicist said that Clooney is doing well.
The actor had traveled to Sudan last month to work with the United Nations on trying to prevent new fighting from breaking out in the war-torn country.
Clooney's representative said he is completely over the malaria he contracted while in Sudan during the first week of January. This was his second bout with it.
Clooney said the illness illustrates how, with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa can be reduced to a bad ten days instead of a death sentence.
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up 25 min ago
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court 41 min ago
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card 39 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire 9 min ago
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace 31 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model 31 min ago
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video) 37 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
33 min ago