George Clooney contracts malaria in Sudan
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor and humanitarian George Clooney is on the mend after contracting malaria on a recent trip to Sudan.
The 49-year-old actor's publicist said that Clooney is doing well.
The actor had traveled to Sudan last month to work with the United Nations on trying to prevent new fighting from breaking out in the war-torn country.
Clooney's representative said he is completely over the malaria he contracted while in Sudan during the first week of January. This was his second bout with it.
Clooney said the illness illustrates how, with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa can be reduced to a bad ten days instead of a death sentence.
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 42 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 40 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts