Michelle Obama to appear on 'Oprah' show
CHICAGO (KABC) -- First lady Michelle Obama is set to appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" next week.
The White House says Mrs. Obama returned to Chicago on Friday to tape one of the last original episodes of the wildly successful weekday syndicated talk show. She is expected to discuss plans to launch a nationwide campaign to support families with someone in the military.
The first lady has become an advocate for military families. She has traveled to military installations to talk with service members about their needs and concerns and has urged Americans to volunteer time to help them.
The episode is scheduled to air Thursday, Jan. 27.
This is the 25th and final season of "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
first lady michelle obama, oprah winfrey, talk show, television, u.s. troops, entertainment
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 53 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 2 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians