Jackson's longtime friend gets book deal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A longtime friend and former personal assistant to Michael Jackson is promising to tell all in a new book.
Frank Cascio has a deal with William Morrow for the memoir, "My Friend Michael." The book is scheduled for this fall, the publisher announced Tuesday.
According to Morrow, the book will offer an "uplifting and definitive" account of Jackson, who died in 2009, while noting the "terribly scarred" experience of fame.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
michael jackson, celebrity, entertainment
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support 52 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)