Jackson's longtime friend gets book deal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A longtime friend and former personal assistant to Michael Jackson is promising to tell all in a new book.
Frank Cascio has a deal with William Morrow for the memoir, "My Friend Michael." The book is scheduled for this fall, the publisher announced Tuesday.
According to Morrow, the book will offer an "uplifting and definitive" account of Jackson, who died in 2009, while noting the "terribly scarred" experience of fame.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
michael jackson, celebrity, entertainment
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'