Jackson's longtime friend gets book deal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A longtime friend and former personal assistant to Michael Jackson is promising to tell all in a new book.
Frank Cascio has a deal with William Morrow for the memoir, "My Friend Michael." The book is scheduled for this fall, the publisher announced Tuesday.
According to Morrow, the book will offer an "uplifting and definitive" account of Jackson, who died in 2009, while noting the "terribly scarred" experience of fame.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
michael jackson, celebrity, entertainment
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 19 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 11 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 32 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
38 min ago