Lohan's lawyer denies actress stole necklace
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Lindsay Lohan's attorney is denying reports that the actress stole a $2,500 necklace from a Venice jewelry store.
Kamofie & Co. reported the necklace stolen on Jan. 22, roughly three weeks after Lohan was released from three months of court-ordered rehab at the Betty Ford Center.
Police obtained a search warrant Tuesday to try to retrieve the necklace from Lohan's house, but the item was turned in to detectives before the warrant could be executed.
Attorney Shawn Chapman Holley insists Lohan did nothing wrong and they will fight any charges if they're brought to court.
A celebrity website has reported that Lohan will be charged with grand theft as early as Monday.
However, the district attorney's office denied that any charges are pending, saying the case is still under investigation.
If she is charged, the case would be the latest problem for the actress, who has struggled to comply with the terms of her probation for a 2007 drunken driving case.
Judges sent her to jail last year twice for violating her probation, and a judge has threatened to sentence her to up to six months in jail if she cannot stay out of trouble.
On top of it all, prosecutors in Riverside County were also considering pressing battery charges against the troubled actress for a December altercation with a rehab worker at the Betty Ford Center.
The "Mean Girls" star was due in court on Feb. 25 for a probation status hearing.
celebrity, lapd, venice beach, entertainment
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis