Viewers rank favorite Super Bowl commercials
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The commercials during the Super Bowl game often get just as much attention as the actual game, but which ones were best? A panel of game viewers for USA Today ranked the ads from best to worst.
A Pepsi Max commercial called "Love Hurts" came in at No. 5 on their list.
A Doritos commercial featuring a house sitter bringing back grandpa from a pile of spilled ashes was ranked No. 4.
A Volkswagen commercial featuring a young Darth Vader ranked No. 3. Volkswagen released the ad early on Youtube.com and it had more than 13 million views before the game started.
The top spot was a tie between a Doritos commercial featuring a pug going after a chip and an ad from Bud Light, also featuring dogs.
Two other commercials are getting some big buzz the day after the game, in which Green Bay Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers, 31-25.
A two-minute commercial for Chrysler featuring Eminem driving through Detroit is garnering a lot of attention. The cinematic third-quarter ad introduced a new car, the Chrysler 200 sedan, as a voiceover talked about how the city has survived going through "hell and back."
The Chrysler ad was "the big story of the night," according to NM Incite, a Nielsen/McKinsey Co. that tracks online buzz.
A commercial for the daily coupon website Groupon.com received criticism. The ad appeared to begin as a plea for help for the people of Tibet, but then touted a deal at a Tibetan restaurant for fish curry.
On its website, Groupon said the intent behind the campaign is to encourage its customers to donate the money they save by using the site.
As part of the campaign, the site is matching donations to various charities including the Tibet Fund.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
super bowl, television, entertainment
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event