Dina Lohan defends troubled daughter on GMA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- As Lindsay Lohan prepares for another court appearance on a felony theft charge next week, her mother is speaking about how her daughter is holding up.
Last week, another chapter was added onto the real life drama that surrounds Lindsay Lohan.
In court, she pleaded not guilty to stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice boutique just weeks after she was released from the Betty Ford Clinic for drug and alcohol abuse.
Dina Lohan appeared on "Good Morning America" on Friday and told George Stephanopoulos that the entire Lohan family has been affected by these latest events.
"Obviously, it's not a happy moment for us and we're taking it very seriously. I really can't talk, obviously, about the case. It's pending," she said.
Dina Lohan wouldn't say if her daughter is innocent of the charges, but she blames the media for sensationalizing the story.
"They talk about the dress she wore to court. To me, it's just ridiculous how they take the onus off the real problem and what's really happening," she said.
She acknowledged that as a single mother of four, it's been difficult trying to steer her daughter in the right direction.
Dina Lohan also said she appreciated the advice given to her daughter by another troubled actor, Charlie Sheen.
"Work on your impulse control. Just try to think things through a little bit before you do them," Sheen said on the "Dan Patrick Show" this week.
"He's 40 odd years old and Lindsay is 24 and I don't know why they compare the two. I love his show. He's a talented actor," she said. "I don't know. I think that Lindsay took his advice and she gave him advice as well," she said.
When asked what advice her daughter gave Sheen, Dina Lohan replied, "Just get help."
Sheen also gave Dina Lohan advice saying, "It's never too late to get a fresh start. Quit believing losing is an option. Embrace what you see in the mirror."
Lindsay Lohan is scheduled to be back in court Feb. 23.
good morning america, celebrity, entertainment
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 10 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested 34 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble 22 min ago
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)