Dina Lohan defends troubled daughter on GMA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- As Lindsay Lohan prepares for another court appearance on a felony theft charge next week, her mother is speaking about how her daughter is holding up.
Last week, another chapter was added onto the real life drama that surrounds Lindsay Lohan.
In court, she pleaded not guilty to stealing a $2,500 necklace from a Venice boutique just weeks after she was released from the Betty Ford Clinic for drug and alcohol abuse.
Dina Lohan appeared on "Good Morning America" on Friday and told George Stephanopoulos that the entire Lohan family has been affected by these latest events.
"Obviously, it's not a happy moment for us and we're taking it very seriously. I really can't talk, obviously, about the case. It's pending," she said.
Dina Lohan wouldn't say if her daughter is innocent of the charges, but she blames the media for sensationalizing the story.
"They talk about the dress she wore to court. To me, it's just ridiculous how they take the onus off the real problem and what's really happening," she said.
She acknowledged that as a single mother of four, it's been difficult trying to steer her daughter in the right direction.
Dina Lohan also said she appreciated the advice given to her daughter by another troubled actor, Charlie Sheen.
"Work on your impulse control. Just try to think things through a little bit before you do them," Sheen said on the "Dan Patrick Show" this week.
"He's 40 odd years old and Lindsay is 24 and I don't know why they compare the two. I love his show. He's a talented actor," she said. "I don't know. I think that Lindsay took his advice and she gave him advice as well," she said.
When asked what advice her daughter gave Sheen, Dina Lohan replied, "Just get help."
Sheen also gave Dina Lohan advice saying, "It's never too late to get a fresh start. Quit believing losing is an option. Embrace what you see in the mirror."
Lindsay Lohan is scheduled to be back in court Feb. 23.
good morning america, celebrity, entertainment
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 55 min ago
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 8 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing 59 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- Justin Bieber cleared in crash investigation
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan