Rage guitarist Tom Morello joins protesters
MADISON, Wis. (KABC) -- Guitarist Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine is scheduled to perform at the Wisconsin State Capitol on Monday in a show of solidarity with union protesters.
Morello calls the proposed budget unjust and says working people should be allowed to collectively call for a better life.
He is scheduled to perform at two rallies outside the Capitol building in Madison. Morello is known for speaking out for union rights.
Tens of thousands of people have been marching for a week now, angry at Gov. Scott Walker's budget bill that would slash the collective bargaining rights of Wisconsin public employees.
celebrity, music news, protest, entertainment
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 13 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report