Rage guitarist Tom Morello joins protesters
MADISON, Wis. (KABC) -- Guitarist Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine is scheduled to perform at the Wisconsin State Capitol on Monday in a show of solidarity with union protesters.
Morello calls the proposed budget unjust and says working people should be allowed to collectively call for a better life.
He is scheduled to perform at two rallies outside the Capitol building in Madison. Morello is known for speaking out for union rights.
Tens of thousands of people have been marching for a week now, angry at Gov. Scott Walker's budget bill that would slash the collective bargaining rights of Wisconsin public employees.
celebrity, music news, protest, entertainment
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 43 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 30 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 15 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 10 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 48 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts