Regis and Kelly at Disneyland to help runner
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- "LIVE! With Regis and Kelly" was at Disneyland on Friday morning to help kick off a local marathoner's efforts to run coast to coast.
Dean Karnazes, 48, expects to average 50 miles of running per day, saying this was his most intense endeavor yet.
His efforts are for Action for Healthy Kids.
"It's to motivate and inspire kids to get more active, to get them physically moving," Kamazes said.
People can sign up to run with Kamazes by going to http://www.dadt.com/live/special/runacrossamerica/index.html. He will be running in Riverside on Saturday.
Karnazes' coast-to-coast run is scheduled to end on May 11 in New York City.
disney theme park, talk show, charity, celebrity, children's health, entertainment
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans 22 min ago
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 22 min ago
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman Trophy 42 min ago
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus is MTV's Artist of the Year