Christian Dior firing designer John Galliano
PARIS (KABC) -- Christian Dior said it is firing famed designer John Galliano after an online video surfaced showing him praising Adolf Hitler.
The French fashion house said on Tuesday that Galliano has been immediately laid off and the process of firing him has begun.
Last week, Dior suspended Galliano as its creative director following several accusations of racist and anti-Semitic rants against customers of at least one Paris café. On Monday, a video posted online showed Galliano drunkenly telling a café patron, "I love Hitler."
The firing comes just before the latest Paris ready-to-wear shows begin.
Dior had came under even more pressure after Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman, one of the company's spokesmodels, said in a statement she "will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way."
Dior is scheduled to present its fall-winter 2011-2012 ready-to-wear show on Friday. Galliano was also scheduled to present his own signature line on Sunday.
fashion, firing, caught on tape, entertainment
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 6 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 37 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 6 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book