Nelly Furtado to give Gadhafi money to charity
Singer Nelly Furtado admits she made money off Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, and now she plans to give it away.
Furtado tweeted that she received $1 million to perform for the Gadhafi family for 45 minutes in Italy in 2007.
Furtado says she is donating the money to charity.
Other stars including Beyonce, Usher and Mariah Carey have reportedly been well-paid to perform at private parties for the Gadhafis. None of them has commented.
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 18 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 9 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2