Nelly Furtado to give Gadhafi money to charity
Singer Nelly Furtado admits she made money off Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, and now she plans to give it away.
Furtado tweeted that she received $1 million to perform for the Gadhafi family for 45 minutes in Italy in 2007.
Furtado says she is donating the money to charity.
Other stars including Beyonce, Usher and Mariah Carey have reportedly been well-paid to perform at private parties for the Gadhafis. None of them has commented.
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 13 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 43 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 3 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s 32 min ago
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Gay couple plans wedding on Rose Parade float
23 min ago