Nelly Furtado to give Gadhafi money to charity
Singer Nelly Furtado admits she made money off Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, and now she plans to give it away.
Furtado tweeted that she received $1 million to perform for the Gadhafi family for 45 minutes in Italy in 2007.
Furtado says she is donating the money to charity.
Other stars including Beyonce, Usher and Mariah Carey have reportedly been well-paid to perform at private parties for the Gadhafis. None of them has commented.
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 28 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 17 min ago
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler