Sirius to devote radio channel to Charlie Sheen media circus
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There is yet another media appearance from Charlie Sheen.
The last several days may have felt like Sheen was going around the clock. But now SiriusXM Radio is going to make it a reality.
Sheen was back on the airwaves Friday. His wide-eyed media blitz continued, this time with a Philadelphia radio station.
Wired-96.5 had a plane drag a banner over the actor's home Thursday requesting an interview. It worked. Sheen told the radio hosts he's optimistic about getting back to work on the CBS TV series "Two and a Half Men".
Later Friday, SiriusXM Radio announced that it is devoting a channel to the Sheen media circus.
They're calling it "Tiger Blood Radio - all Sheen, all the time." It's a limited run, 24-hour channel that will air from 6 a.m. Saturday through Sunday morning.
"That's not something that I've ever seen before," said Elizabeth Currid-Halkett, an assistant professor at the University of Southern California. "That's the thing that's quite shocking about the Sheen story. A lot of us are of course offended and shocked, but we still pay attention. He is not yet a pariah."
Meantime, the Wall Street Journal is reporting that Sheen is looking to buy his neighbor's house. The $7.5 million home is owned by Hollywood producer Mike Madavoy, who produced the Oscar-nominated film "Black Swan."
The Journal said Sheen is in escrow to buy the 9,000-square-foot home.
celebrity, abc, radio, entertainment, rob hayes
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker 58 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating 4 min ago
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials 26 min ago
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale