10-year-old girl sings with Lady Gaga in concert
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-year-old singer who went from anonymity to YouTube sensation has now taken the ultimate leap. She took the stage Thursday night with her idol Lady Gaga.
Maria Aragon of Canada posted her version of one of Lady Gaga's songs on YouTube. She then became famous thanks to Lady Gaga herself, who tweeted a link to the young girl's version and wrote, "Cant' stop crying watching this. This is why I make music. She is the future!"
Millions of YouTube views later, Aragon was making the rounds of radio stations.
"I wasn't expecting she would cry over her song," said Aragon. "But I know it's a nice song and yeah, I think I did really well with it."
But the best was yet to come. Thursday night, Aragon took the stage in Toronto at Lady Gaga's invitation. And for the finale, a post-concert tweet-pic of Lady Gaga and Aragon wearing shirts with each other's faces on them.
Making it all the more remarkable, Aragon has no formal music training and taught herself how to play Lady Gaga's song.
good morning america, twitter, celebrity, entertainment
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed 2 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 37 min ago
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects 22 min ago
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 25 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book