10-year-old girl sings with Lady Gaga in concert
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-year-old singer who went from anonymity to YouTube sensation has now taken the ultimate leap. She took the stage Thursday night with her idol Lady Gaga.
Maria Aragon of Canada posted her version of one of Lady Gaga's songs on YouTube. She then became famous thanks to Lady Gaga herself, who tweeted a link to the young girl's version and wrote, "Cant' stop crying watching this. This is why I make music. She is the future!"
Millions of YouTube views later, Aragon was making the rounds of radio stations.
"I wasn't expecting she would cry over her song," said Aragon. "But I know it's a nice song and yeah, I think I did really well with it."
But the best was yet to come. Thursday night, Aragon took the stage in Toronto at Lady Gaga's invitation. And for the finale, a post-concert tweet-pic of Lady Gaga and Aragon wearing shirts with each other's faces on them.
Making it all the more remarkable, Aragon has no formal music training and taught herself how to play Lady Gaga's song.
good morning america, twitter, celebrity, entertainment
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis