Bob Barker donates $2M to Semper Fi Fund
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former TV game show host Bob Barker is donating $2 million to a charity that aids injured military and their families.
The Semper Fi Fund assists Marines, soldiers, sailors and Air Force and Coast Guard members who are injured during service.
Barker is slated to make the donation on Wednesday at a ceremony in Hollywood, according to a press statement.
The former host of "The Price is Right" is a former World War II fighter pilot. He's also an animal rights activist and last year donated $2.5 million to help People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals open a new location in Los Angeles.
celebrity, charity, u.s. troops, entertainment
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour