Tyler Perry gives Georgia fire victim's a new home
ATLANTA (KABC) -- Filmmaker Tyler Perry made good on his Christmas promise to rebuild the home of an 88-year-old woman after it was destroyed in a fire.
Perry handed over the keys to Rosa Lee Ransby's new four-bedroom home during a ceremony Friday in rural Coweta County, southwest of Atlanta.
Ransby and her seven grand- and great-grandchildren lost their home in a fire a week before Christmas. They all got out safely, but lost everything they owned.
After seeing the story on a local TV newscast, Perry pledged to rebuild the house and fully furnish it. He said the main thing was getting her enough space for the children and for them to have room to play.
celebrity, charity, entertainment
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 20 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate