Actor Gary Sinise honors injured veteran by building home
ST. LOUIS (KABC) -- Actor Gary Sinise is honoring an injured war veteran by building him a home.
"I've been to the hospital several times over and over over the years and I met incredibly inspiring and courageous young men and women who have sacrificed a lot for us," said Sinise.
Sinise will hold a Memorial Day concert in St. Louis, Mo. to raise money for Cpl. Todd Nicely.
Sinise is teaming up with a foundation in New York to build the home. It's designed to meet the challenges of Nicely's injuries.
celebrity, veterans, afghanistan war, iraq war, entertainment
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 12 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought 23 min ago
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere