Author James Frey to appear on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'
CHICAGO (KABC) -- Author James Frey is returning to "The Oprah Winfrey Show," more than five years after the talk show host accused him of lying in one of his books.
Frey will appear on an episode set to air in May, Harpo Productions said Tuesday.
Winfrey chose Frey's substance abuse story "A Million Little Pieces," for her book club in September 2005, making it a bestseller.
In January 2006, Frey acknowledged on Winfrey's show that he had lied in the book. Winfrey told him she felt duped and that he had betrayed millions of readers.
Frey's latest book, "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible," will be released this month.
The last episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will air on May 25, bringing an end to what has been television's top-rated talk show for more than two decades.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
oprah winfrey, talk show, television, entertainment
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 20 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 44 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 45 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 14 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants