Author James Frey to appear on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'
CHICAGO (KABC) -- Author James Frey is returning to "The Oprah Winfrey Show," more than five years after the talk show host accused him of lying in one of his books.
Frey will appear on an episode set to air in May, Harpo Productions said Tuesday.
Winfrey chose Frey's substance abuse story "A Million Little Pieces," for her book club in September 2005, making it a bestseller.
In January 2006, Frey acknowledged on Winfrey's show that he had lied in the book. Winfrey told him she felt duped and that he had betrayed millions of readers.
Frey's latest book, "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible," will be released this month.
The last episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will air on May 25, bringing an end to what has been television's top-rated talk show for more than two decades.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
oprah winfrey, talk show, television, entertainment
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event