Author James Frey to appear on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'
CHICAGO (KABC) -- Author James Frey is returning to "The Oprah Winfrey Show," more than five years after the talk show host accused him of lying in one of his books.
Frey will appear on an episode set to air in May, Harpo Productions said Tuesday.
Winfrey chose Frey's substance abuse story "A Million Little Pieces," for her book club in September 2005, making it a bestseller.
In January 2006, Frey acknowledged on Winfrey's show that he had lied in the book. Winfrey told him she felt duped and that he had betrayed millions of readers.
Frey's latest book, "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible," will be released this month.
The last episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" will air on May 25, bringing an end to what has been television's top-rated talk show for more than two decades.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
oprah winfrey, talk show, television, entertainment
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 40 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 59 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
37 min ago