Beyonce surprises students at NYC school
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The positive side of dancing took center stage in New York City when Beyonce surprised some school kids and really showed them how to bust a move.
The surprise visit to P.S. 161 in east Harlem on Tuesday was part of first lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign.
About 85 students were participating in a national simulcast of "Let's Move! Flash Workout" -- Beyonce's new video -- when the singer showed up. Beyonce, wearing stilettos and a T-shirt emblazoned with "Let's Move," joined the students in the dance exercise routine.
"Let's Move! Flash Workout out is a re-written version of Beyonce's hit "Get Me Bodied." Beyonce says she wants to promote the benefits of healthy eating and exercise, but make it fun.
first lady michelle obama, celebrity, fitness, entertainment
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 11 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 41 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments