Beyonce surprises students at NYC school
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The positive side of dancing took center stage in New York City when Beyonce surprised some school kids and really showed them how to bust a move.
The surprise visit to P.S. 161 in east Harlem on Tuesday was part of first lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign.
About 85 students were participating in a national simulcast of "Let's Move! Flash Workout" -- Beyonce's new video -- when the singer showed up. Beyonce, wearing stilettos and a T-shirt emblazoned with "Let's Move," joined the students in the dance exercise routine.
"Let's Move! Flash Workout out is a re-written version of Beyonce's hit "Get Me Bodied." Beyonce says she wants to promote the benefits of healthy eating and exercise, but make it fun.
first lady michelle obama, celebrity, fitness, entertainment
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 29 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 48 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 13 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians