Regis Philbin memoir expected this fall
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Talk show host Regis Philbin is opening up about his life.
The 79-year-old retiring star has a new memoir coming out this fall. The publisher said Philbin reflects on his TV career in the still untitled book.
He discusses his co-hosts and the celebrities he has interviewed. In a statement released by the publisher, Philbin called the book a "valedictory" and a "personal thank-you," especially to his fans.
In January, Philbin has announced he will leave "LIVE! with Regis and Kelly" by the end of the year. His previous books include "I'm Only One Man" and "Who Wants to Be Me?"
The Associated Press contributed to this story
television, abc, entertainment
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 46 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour