Oprah Winfrey gets namesake street in Chicago
CHICAGO (KABC) -- Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey now has a street to call her own.
Chicago Mayor Richard Daley stopped by Winfrey's studio on Wednesday to rename a street outside Harpo Studios as "Oprah Winfrey Way."
Winfrey is widely credited with helping transform the area into a thriving neighborhood.
The talk show icon said having a street named after her was "better than an Oscar or an Emmy."
She joins Michael Jordan, Siskel and Ebert and Frank Sinatra among those who have had Chicago streets named after them.
television, oprah winfrey, talk show, entertainment
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role