Oprah Winfrey gets namesake street in Chicago
CHICAGO (KABC) -- Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey now has a street to call her own.
Chicago Mayor Richard Daley stopped by Winfrey's studio on Wednesday to rename a street outside Harpo Studios as "Oprah Winfrey Way."
Winfrey is widely credited with helping transform the area into a thriving neighborhood.
The talk show icon said having a street named after her was "better than an Oscar or an Emmy."
She joins Michael Jordan, Siskel and Ebert and Frank Sinatra among those who have had Chicago streets named after them.
television, oprah winfrey, talk show, entertainment
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 39 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 2 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 20 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 43 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video