Oprah Winfrey gets namesake street in Chicago
CHICAGO (KABC) -- Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey now has a street to call her own.
Chicago Mayor Richard Daley stopped by Winfrey's studio on Wednesday to rename a street outside Harpo Studios as "Oprah Winfrey Way."
Winfrey is widely credited with helping transform the area into a thriving neighborhood.
The talk show icon said having a street named after her was "better than an Oscar or an Emmy."
She joins Michael Jordan, Siskel and Ebert and Frank Sinatra among those who have had Chicago streets named after them.
television, oprah winfrey, talk show, entertainment
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 31 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 34 min ago
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds