Woody Allen returning to Broadway this fall
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Three one-act plays by Woody Allen, Ethan Coen and Elaine May are heading to Broadway this fall.
Allen has used the one-act format before, having collaborated with May and David Mamet for "Death Defying Acts" in 1995.
The new mini plays, titled "Relatively Speaking," will be directed by John Turturro, who has appeared in several films by Coen and his brother Joel.
Producers said previews will begin in September with an opening in October. Decisions regarding casting and location will be made later.
Allen is returning to the New York stage as a playwright following the off-Broadway productions of his "Writer's Block" in 2003 and "A Second Hand Memory" in 2004.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
theater news, celebrity, entertainment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut