Princess Beatrice's wedding hat reaches $30K on eBay
LONDON (KABC) -- Princess Beatrice's ring-and-bow-shaped hat she wore to the royal wedding has garnered bids reaching $30,000 on eBay, the online auctioneer announced Wednesday.
The gravity-defying hat created by Philip Treacy turned heads at Prince William's wedding in April.
Funds from the hat's sale will go to UNICEF and Children in Crisis, according to eBay. Beatrice said she hoped whoever bought the hat would have "as much fun with it as I have."
The auction ends May 22.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, royal wedding, charity, entertainment
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast 16 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 25 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians