Oprah Winfrey tapes final show Tuesday
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Oprah Winfrey taped her final syndicated talk-show Tuesday, marking the end of a 25-year run that changed the landscape of daytime television.
Oprah produced the final "Oprah Winfrey Show" herself and kept the plans secret.
Her final original episode will air at 3 p.m. Wednesday on ABC7.
In the end, it was just Oprah, alone on her Chicago stage, talking to viewers about what they've meant to her during the show's run.
In an earlier interview with Eyewitness News, Oprah talked about the enormous platform her show has provided, but also how we can all make a difference.
"Most people have a circle of 25," she said. "My circle is just broader. But I think the power comes from each human being and what you do with your circle."
Oprah announced in November 2009 that she would end her popular talk show after decades on air.
oprah winfrey, entertainment, leslie miller
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 59 min ago
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons