Oprah Winfrey tapes final show Tuesday
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Oprah Winfrey taped her final syndicated talk-show Tuesday, marking the end of a 25-year run that changed the landscape of daytime television.
Oprah produced the final "Oprah Winfrey Show" herself and kept the plans secret.
Her final original episode will air at 3 p.m. Wednesday on ABC7.
In the end, it was just Oprah, alone on her Chicago stage, talking to viewers about what they've meant to her during the show's run.
In an earlier interview with Eyewitness News, Oprah talked about the enormous platform her show has provided, but also how we can all make a difference.
"Most people have a circle of 25," she said. "My circle is just broader. But I think the power comes from each human being and what you do with your circle."
Oprah announced in November 2009 that she would end her popular talk show after decades on air.
oprah winfrey, entertainment, leslie miller
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 11 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 29 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 35 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Kansas Jewish center reopens after shooting 12 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break