Pranksters dress surf statue as Oprah Winfrey
ENCINITAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Pranksters gave a famous surfer statue in the San Diego area a makeover, paying homage to Oprah Winfrey.
Jokesters in the beach community Cardiff-by-the-Sea dressed the surfer up as Winfrey, complete with a strapless gown and a wig.
They also hung a purse on the statue's hand, and the bag had a cover of "O Magazine" affixed to the front.
The pranksters apparently wanted to pay tribute to the talk show host, whose long-running show ended Wednesday after 25 years.
oprah winfrey, entertainment
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 42 min ago
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial 55 min ago
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 37 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing 46 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- Justin Bieber cleared in crash investigation
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan