Jeff Conaway autopsy complete; results pending
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The autopsy to determine what killed actor Jeff Conaway has been completed, but the findings are being withheld until further test results come in.
Toxicology tests could take up to eight weeks.
Conaway died Friday morning at an Encino hospital after being in a coma for more than two weeks.
The actor had been battling pneumonia and sepsis, a type of bacterial blood poisoning. He was hospitalized May 11 when he was found unconscious from what his manager said was a drug overdose that may have involved pain pills.
Conaway had a long history of substance abuse. He was 60 years old.
Conaway appeared in the film "Grease" and the TV show "Taxi."
Funeral services for Conaway are pending.
City News Service contributed to this report.
famous death, celebrity, entertainment
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 17 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 27 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
28 min ago