Jeff Conaway autopsy complete; results pending
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The autopsy to determine what killed actor Jeff Conaway has been completed, but the findings are being withheld until further test results come in.
Toxicology tests could take up to eight weeks.
Conaway died Friday morning at an Encino hospital after being in a coma for more than two weeks.
The actor had been battling pneumonia and sepsis, a type of bacterial blood poisoning. He was hospitalized May 11 when he was found unconscious from what his manager said was a drug overdose that may have involved pain pills.
Conaway had a long history of substance abuse. He was 60 years old.
Conaway appeared in the film "Grease" and the TV show "Taxi."
Funeral services for Conaway are pending.
City News Service contributed to this report.
famous death, celebrity, entertainment
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 43 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 16 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 22 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 24 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks