Jeff Conaway autopsy complete; results pending
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The autopsy to determine what killed actor Jeff Conaway has been completed, but the findings are being withheld until further test results come in.
Toxicology tests could take up to eight weeks.
Conaway died Friday morning at an Encino hospital after being in a coma for more than two weeks.
The actor had been battling pneumonia and sepsis, a type of bacterial blood poisoning. He was hospitalized May 11 when he was found unconscious from what his manager said was a drug overdose that may have involved pain pills.
Conaway had a long history of substance abuse. He was 60 years old.
Conaway appeared in the film "Grease" and the TV show "Taxi."
Funeral services for Conaway are pending.
City News Service contributed to this report.
famous death, celebrity, entertainment
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands 53 min ago
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people 34 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video