Shania Twain receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Shania Twain received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
Actress Bo Derek joined the singer at the afternoon ceremony in front of the W Hollywood Hotel.
Twain grew up in Ontario, Canada, where she overcame poverty and the deaths of her mother and stepfather in a car accident.
She became an international music sensation in the 1990s with her albums, such as "The Woman in Me" and "Come on Over."
Twain has won five Grammys and remains the top-selling female country artist of all time, with eight No. 1 songs and more than 80 million albums sold worldwide.
music news, celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 17 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 47 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 7 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s 36 min ago
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Gay couple plans wedding on Rose Parade float
27 min ago