IBM's Watson named 'person' of year by Webbys
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Watson, the "Jeopardy!"-playing IBM computer, has been named person of the year by the Webby Awards.
The Webbys, which honor Internet achievement, announced their special honorees on Thursday.
The rock group LCD Soundsystem was chosen as artist of the year. The band, which recently disbanded, presented their final concert at Madison Square Garden in a live webcast.
It was also announced that "It Gets Better Project" founder Dan Savage will be honored for special achievement. Savage's online video campaign has urged young people to stand up to bullying against lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender teens.
Director Adam McKay and Chris Henchy, co-founders of the comedy website FunnyOrDie, will be honored as film and video person of the year.
Awards will be handed out June 13 at the 15th annual Webby Awards, hosted by Lisa Kudrow.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- 2 people shot in Reseda, LAPD says 3 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)