Bob Barker donates $250K to Pacific Marine Mammal Center
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Bob Barker comes to the rescue, helping the Pacific Marine Mammal Center in a major way.
He donated $250,000 to the center just days after terrible flooding caused all sorts of damage to the place in December.
Wednesday, Barker cut the ribbon at the newly restored visitors area. In his honor, it's been re-named Bob Barker Marine Mammal Viewing Area.
The center has been helping in marine mammal rescue for 40 years.
Wednesday the center also named a rescued sea lion "Barker" that Bob helped release back into the ocean following her successful medical rehabilitation.
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 31 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation 13 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)