Bob Barker donates $250K to Pacific Marine Mammal Center
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Bob Barker comes to the rescue, helping the Pacific Marine Mammal Center in a major way.
He donated $250,000 to the center just days after terrible flooding caused all sorts of damage to the place in December.
Wednesday, Barker cut the ribbon at the newly restored visitors area. In his honor, it's been re-named Bob Barker Marine Mammal Viewing Area.
The center has been helping in marine mammal rescue for 40 years.
Wednesday the center also named a rescued sea lion "Barker" that Bob helped release back into the ocean following her successful medical rehabilitation.
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 25 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 13 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal 31 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis