Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva files appeal over lawyer
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, is asking an appeals court to remove Gibson's attorneys from the couple's bitter custody dispute over their infant daughter.
Attorneys for Grigorieva sought to either disqualify Gibson's attorneys or require a judge hearing the case to review records of the Russian musician's dealings with the firm.
Grigorieva claims the attorneys should be blocked from handling the case, because she consulted with a partner at their law firm.
Grigorieva's lawyers are appealing last month's lower court ruling that she waited too long to ask to have them barred from the case.
She consulted with the firm of Kolodny and Anteau when she was dealing with custody issues involving her son with actor Timothy Dalton.
The appeal said Gibson's attorneys sought records of the dispute with Dalton, including emails, text messages and other correspondence between the former couple.
Stephen Kolodny, one of Gibson's attorneys, said in an email that he would not comment on Grigorieva's appeal.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, court case, entertainment
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California 44 min ago
- Baldwin Village fire likely sparked by candle
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash 58 min ago
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
44 min ago