Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva files appeal over lawyer
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, is asking an appeals court to remove Gibson's attorneys from the couple's bitter custody dispute over their infant daughter.
Attorneys for Grigorieva sought to either disqualify Gibson's attorneys or require a judge hearing the case to review records of the Russian musician's dealings with the firm.
Grigorieva claims the attorneys should be blocked from handling the case, because she consulted with a partner at their law firm.
Grigorieva's lawyers are appealing last month's lower court ruling that she waited too long to ask to have them barred from the case.
She consulted with the firm of Kolodny and Anteau when she was dealing with custody issues involving her son with actor Timothy Dalton.
The appeal said Gibson's attorneys sought records of the dispute with Dalton, including emails, text messages and other correspondence between the former couple.
Stephen Kolodny, one of Gibson's attorneys, said in an email that he would not comment on Grigorieva's appeal.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, court case, entertainment
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 43 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 54 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14