Pitt-Jolie Foundation donates $500K to Joplin
JOPLIN, Mo. (KABC) -- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie donated $500,000 to rebuilding efforts in Joplin, Mo. following last month's deadly tornado.
The money comes from the couple's Jolie-Pitt Foundation and is going to the Community Foundation of the Ozarks. The foundation announced the gift Friday in a news release.
Pitt is from Missouri and said he spent much of his childhood in Joplin.
On May 22, a tornado ripped through Joplin, leaving 151 people dead and destroying more than 8,000 homes and 400 businesses.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, tornado, entertainment
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 11 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 39 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 4 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break