Pitt-Jolie Foundation donates $500K to Joplin
JOPLIN, Mo. (KABC) -- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie donated $500,000 to rebuilding efforts in Joplin, Mo. following last month's deadly tornado.
The money comes from the couple's Jolie-Pitt Foundation and is going to the Community Foundation of the Ozarks. The foundation announced the gift Friday in a news release.
Pitt is from Missouri and said he spent much of his childhood in Joplin.
On May 22, a tornado ripped through Joplin, leaving 151 people dead and destroying more than 8,000 homes and 400 businesses.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, tornado, entertainment
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised