Pitt-Jolie Foundation donates $500K to Joplin
JOPLIN, Mo. (KABC) -- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie donated $500,000 to rebuilding efforts in Joplin, Mo. following last month's deadly tornado.
The money comes from the couple's Jolie-Pitt Foundation and is going to the Community Foundation of the Ozarks. The foundation announced the gift Friday in a news release.
Pitt is from Missouri and said he spent much of his childhood in Joplin.
On May 22, a tornado ripped through Joplin, leaving 151 people dead and destroying more than 8,000 homes and 400 businesses.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, tornado, entertainment
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 51 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants