Pitt-Jolie Foundation donates $500K to Joplin
JOPLIN, Mo. (KABC) -- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie donated $500,000 to rebuilding efforts in Joplin, Mo. following last month's deadly tornado.
The money comes from the couple's Jolie-Pitt Foundation and is going to the Community Foundation of the Ozarks. The foundation announced the gift Friday in a news release.
Pitt is from Missouri and said he spent much of his childhood in Joplin.
On May 22, a tornado ripped through Joplin, leaving 151 people dead and destroying more than 8,000 homes and 400 businesses.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, tornado, entertainment
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 26 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
17 min ago