Montel Williams partners with Calif. medical marijuana clinic
SACRAMENTO (KABC) -- Former talk show host Montel Williams has become an official spokesman for a California medical marijuana clinic.
Williams has used the drug legally for 10 years since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis over a decade ago.
Now, he's partnering with Abatin Wellness to counsel medicinal marijuana users of the proper dosage based on their condition and history, so they don't have the same questions and confusion that he had. Williams said when he first tried using marijuana for the cramps and spasm of MS, he had no help.
"He just said 'try cannabis.' No direction, try it," he recalled. "Two-three years of chasing product that didn't have carcinogens in it like butane and other things that could do nothing but exacerbate an illness like mine, I started doing the research myself."
Williams wants the Albatin Wellness Cooperative to be the gold standard for marijuana dispensaries. The center officially opened this week.
medical marijuana, marijuana clinic, celebrity, entertainment
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights 6 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report