Montel Williams partners with Calif. medical marijuana clinic
SACRAMENTO (KABC) -- Former talk show host Montel Williams has become an official spokesman for a California medical marijuana clinic.
Williams has used the drug legally for 10 years since being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis over a decade ago.
Now, he's partnering with Abatin Wellness to counsel medicinal marijuana users of the proper dosage based on their condition and history, so they don't have the same questions and confusion that he had. Williams said when he first tried using marijuana for the cramps and spasm of MS, he had no help.
"He just said 'try cannabis.' No direction, try it," he recalled. "Two-three years of chasing product that didn't have carcinogens in it like butane and other things that could do nothing but exacerbate an illness like mine, I started doing the research myself."
Williams wants the Albatin Wellness Cooperative to be the gold standard for marijuana dispensaries. The center officially opened this week.
medical marijuana, marijuana clinic, celebrity, entertainment
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 29 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom 34 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)