Teen behind Timberlake, Gaga computer hacks sentenced
BERLIN (KABC) -- A German teenager who hacked the computers of several celebrities has been ordered to get therapy, after a judge agreed that the teen suffers from hacking addiction.
He said he wanted access to personal information, photos and unreleased music.
If he hacks any other computers in the next six months, the judge said the teen could spend 18 months behind bars. He was also sentenced to six months of community service.
The judge ruled that the teen was driven more by a desire for recognition than by criminal intent, which contributed to his receiving a lighter sentence.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, technology, sentencing, entertainment
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting 58 min ago
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees