Teen behind Timberlake, Gaga computer hacks sentenced
BERLIN (KABC) -- A German teenager who hacked the computers of several celebrities has been ordered to get therapy, after a judge agreed that the teen suffers from hacking addiction.
He said he wanted access to personal information, photos and unreleased music.
If he hacks any other computers in the next six months, the judge said the teen could spend 18 months behind bars. He was also sentenced to six months of community service.
The judge ruled that the teen was driven more by a desire for recognition than by criminal intent, which contributed to his receiving a lighter sentence.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, technology, sentencing, entertainment
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer 12 min ago
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide