Peter Parker dies to longtime villain in 'Ultimate Spider-Man'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In Marvel Comics' ultimate universe, Spider-Man will fall to one of his longtime villains.
The issue hits comic book shops on Wednesday. But Spider-Man fans shouldn't worry too much about his future.
While the character is dying off in the "Ultimate Comics Spider-Man" series, he is still alive and well in Marvel's traditional stories.
The death, while dramatic, is not entirely unexpected. In November, Marvel said that the Ultimate Spider-Man was going to face an uncertain fate in the latest storyline by writer Brian Michael Bendis fittingly titled "The Death of Spider-Man," an eight-issue arc that saw the return of original series artist Mark Bagley. Bendis and Bagley had worked together on the series for 111 issues.
Bendis said that in issue No. 160 Peter Parker fights valiantly but will pass on, heroically, in a pitched fight.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
comic book, entertainment
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 39 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 2 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 45 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 21 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 45 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 14 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book