'Green Lantern' ride not for faint of heart
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The "Green Lantern" ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain will open Friday, and it's not for the faint of heart.
Six Flags says "Green Lantern: First Flight" is the first rollercoaster with a completely vertical zigzag pattern track. Each car twists and turns as it swirls around the track.
Eyewitness News reporter John Gregory got a sneak peek of the ride Thursday, and he said it's two minutes of thrilling and stomach-churning fun.
Officials said the ride is designed to make you feel like you are falling off your chair at every turn. Riders are seated in eight-person vehicles - four abreast and back-to-back.
The coaster takes you up a 107-foot hill before spinning down through 828-feet of twisted vertical track, which includes 360-degree spins.
amusement park, movie news, entertainment, john gregory
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 19 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 10 min ago