'Dancing With The Stars' winner Hines Ward arrested for DUI
DECATUR, Ga. (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" champ and Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver Hines Ward was arrested Friday morning on a drunk driving charge.
The 35-year-old was arrested around 3:40 a.m. just outside of Atlanta, Georgia and charged with driving under the influence.
The former Super Bowl MVP was booked into the Dekalb County Jail and later released on $1,300 bond. A Steelers spokesman did not immediately respond to a message, and it was not immediately clear if Ward had an attorney.
Since being drafted in the third round out of Georgia in 1998, the 35-year-old Ward has been a four-time Pro Bowl selection and won two Super Bowls.
In May, Ward became the second professional football player to win the "Dancing With The Stars" crown, dancing with professional partner Kym Johnson.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
celebrity, dui, dancing with the stars, pittsburgh steelers, entertainment
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 19 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, demand $15 an hour 57 min ago
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 3 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct 42 min ago
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer 15 min ago
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer
- Pet of the Week: Female Corgi mix named Brie
55 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
2 min ago