'Dancing With The Stars' winner Hines Ward arrested for DUI
DECATUR, Ga. (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" champ and Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver Hines Ward was arrested Friday morning on a drunk driving charge.
The 35-year-old was arrested around 3:40 a.m. just outside of Atlanta, Georgia and charged with driving under the influence.
The former Super Bowl MVP was booked into the Dekalb County Jail and later released on $1,300 bond. A Steelers spokesman did not immediately respond to a message, and it was not immediately clear if Ward had an attorney.
Since being drafted in the third round out of Georgia in 1998, the 35-year-old Ward has been a four-time Pro Bowl selection and won two Super Bowls.
In May, Ward became the second professional football player to win the "Dancing With The Stars" crown, dancing with professional partner Kym Johnson.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
celebrity, dui, dancing with the stars, pittsburgh steelers, entertainment
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour