'Dancing With The Stars' winner Hines Ward arrested for DUI
DECATUR, Ga. (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" champ and Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver Hines Ward was arrested Friday morning on a drunk driving charge.
The 35-year-old was arrested around 3:40 a.m. just outside of Atlanta, Georgia and charged with driving under the influence.
The former Super Bowl MVP was booked into the Dekalb County Jail and later released on $1,300 bond. A Steelers spokesman did not immediately respond to a message, and it was not immediately clear if Ward had an attorney.
Since being drafted in the third round out of Georgia in 1998, the 35-year-old Ward has been a four-time Pro Bowl selection and won two Super Bowls.
In May, Ward became the second professional football player to win the "Dancing With The Stars" crown, dancing with professional partner Kym Johnson.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
celebrity, dui, dancing with the stars, pittsburgh steelers, entertainment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology 57 min ago
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut