'Dancing With The Stars' winner Hines Ward arrested for DUI
DECATUR, Ga. (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" champ and Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver Hines Ward was arrested Friday morning on a drunk driving charge.
The 35-year-old was arrested around 3:40 a.m. just outside of Atlanta, Georgia and charged with driving under the influence.
The former Super Bowl MVP was booked into the Dekalb County Jail and later released on $1,300 bond. A Steelers spokesman did not immediately respond to a message, and it was not immediately clear if Ward had an attorney.
Since being drafted in the third round out of Georgia in 1998, the 35-year-old Ward has been a four-time Pro Bowl selection and won two Super Bowls.
In May, Ward became the second professional football player to win the "Dancing With The Stars" crown, dancing with professional partner Kym Johnson.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
celebrity, dui, dancing with the stars, pittsburgh steelers, entertainment
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 43 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims