'Dancing With The Stars' winner Hines Ward arrested for DUI
DECATUR, Ga. (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" champ and Pittsburgh Steelers star wide receiver Hines Ward was arrested Friday morning on a drunk driving charge.
The 35-year-old was arrested around 3:40 a.m. just outside of Atlanta, Georgia and charged with driving under the influence.
The former Super Bowl MVP was booked into the Dekalb County Jail and later released on $1,300 bond. A Steelers spokesman did not immediately respond to a message, and it was not immediately clear if Ward had an attorney.
Since being drafted in the third round out of Georgia in 1998, the 35-year-old Ward has been a four-time Pro Bowl selection and won two Super Bowls.
In May, Ward became the second professional football player to win the "Dancing With The Stars" crown, dancing with professional partner Kym Johnson.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
celebrity, dui, dancing with the stars, pittsburgh steelers, entertainment
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 38 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 41 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
54 min ago