Halle Berry gets restraining order against stalker
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Halle Berry has been granted a restraining order against an alleged stalker arrested Monday night outside the Oscar-winning actress' home.
Richard Franco must stay at least 100 yards away from Berry and her daughter.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Goodson issued the order Tuesday, hours after police arrested the 27 year old for climbing over a locked security gate at Berry's Hollywood Hills home. Her manager scared him off.
"As I opened my glass kitchen door and closed it behind me, all of a sudden I sensed someone behind me and I turned to see the same intruder standing less than a foot behind me staring at me through my glass kitchen door," Berry said in her court declaration. "Panicking and in fear of my life, I turned my body and quickly hit the deadbolt lock on the glass door. I grabbed my phone and ran as fast as I could upstairs, slamming each door behind me as I ran. I got upstairs to a safe place, locked myself inside and dialed 911."
Police were unable to find the intruder. Berry then hired off-duty Los Angeles Police Department officers for round-the-clock protection.
In the court filings, Berry reported three instances since Saturday when Franco came into her backyard, including one incident in which he nearly followed her into her kitchen.
Franco remains jailed in lieu of $150,000 bail. A hearing on whether to extend the order for three years was set for August 1.
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 28 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 7 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 56 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 14 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 45 min ago
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...