'Lost' actor speaks out about 16-yr-old bride
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Doug Hutchison is speaking out for the first time about his controversial marriage to a 16-year-old girl.
Hutchison, from the TV show "Lost" and the film "The Green Mile," made the announcement on his website.
He married Courtney Stodden, a young aspiring country singer, in Las Vegas this past May, only four months after meeting her online.
Stodden's parents monitored the Internet relationship and gave the couple a thumbs up.
The two claim they never had physical contact before the marriage.
Stodden's mother said in spite of her daughter's appearance, she has deep Christian values and has never had plastic surgery.
celebrity, good morning america, entertainment
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 43 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts 7 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 35 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack 46 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report