Lohan being sued by ex Betty Ford worker
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Lindsay Lohan is facing new legal troubles. The actress is being sued by a former Betty Ford Center worker for $1 million.
Attorneys for Dawn Bradley filed the lawsuit in Indio, Calif., on Thursday.
Bradley said she was seriously injured when she and Lohan got into an altercation at the rehabilitation center. A spokesman for Lohan declined to comment.
Bradley's attorney Owen McIntosh says his client requires surgery on her wrist because of the injury.
Bradley, who is also known by her married name of Dawn Holland, was fired from Betty Ford Center after discussing the incident with Lohan on camera with celebrity website TMZ.
Prosecutors in Riverside County, east of Los Angeles, declined to charge Lohan with battery.
Meanwhile, in court on Thursday, a judge warned Lohan that she needs to speed up her court-ordered community service or she won't finish in time.
Lohan must complete 480 hours of service within a year to comply with her drunken driving sentence.
The "Mean Girls" star is set to return to court Oct. 19 to update the judge on her progress.
celebrity, legal, entertainment
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 34 min ago
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk 7 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD 6 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 30 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate