Lohan being sued by ex Betty Ford worker
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Lindsay Lohan is facing new legal troubles. The actress is being sued by a former Betty Ford Center worker for $1 million.
Attorneys for Dawn Bradley filed the lawsuit in Indio, Calif., on Thursday.
Bradley said she was seriously injured when she and Lohan got into an altercation at the rehabilitation center. A spokesman for Lohan declined to comment.
Bradley's attorney Owen McIntosh says his client requires surgery on her wrist because of the injury.
Bradley, who is also known by her married name of Dawn Holland, was fired from Betty Ford Center after discussing the incident with Lohan on camera with celebrity website TMZ.
Prosecutors in Riverside County, east of Los Angeles, declined to charge Lohan with battery.
Meanwhile, in court on Thursday, a judge warned Lohan that she needs to speed up her court-ordered community service or she won't finish in time.
Lohan must complete 480 hours of service within a year to comply with her drunken driving sentence.
The "Mean Girls" star is set to return to court Oct. 19 to update the judge on her progress.
celebrity, legal, entertainment
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 22 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
9 min ago