Steven Spielberg says new 'Jurassic Park' movie is coming soon
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Steven Spielberg confirmed a fourth "Jurassic Park" film is in the works on Friday at Comic-Con in San Diego.
Spielberg told an audience at the convention that he has a story and a screenwriter for the next installment of his blockbuster franchise about prehistoric reptiles brought into modern times through cloning.
The filmmaker directed the first two "Jurassic Park" adventures but would be overseeing as a producer this time. He says it'll all hopefully come together in the next two or three years.
Spielberg appeared at Comic-Con for his year-end action film, "The Adventures of Tintin."
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
comic-con, movie news, entertainment
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 50 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 47 min ago
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes 20 min ago
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke