Steven Spielberg says new 'Jurassic Park' movie is coming soon
SAN DIEGO (KABC) -- Steven Spielberg confirmed a fourth "Jurassic Park" film is in the works on Friday at Comic-Con in San Diego.
Spielberg told an audience at the convention that he has a story and a screenwriter for the next installment of his blockbuster franchise about prehistoric reptiles brought into modern times through cloning.
The filmmaker directed the first two "Jurassic Park" adventures but would be overseeing as a producer this time. He says it'll all hopefully come together in the next two or three years.
Spielberg appeared at Comic-Con for his year-end action film, "The Adventures of Tintin."
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
comic-con, movie news, entertainment
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book