Accused Halle Berry stalker faces new felony charge
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The man charged with stalking actress Halle Berry is now facing another felony charge.
Richard A. Franco pleaded not guilty to the additional charge of burglary on Wednesday.
He is accused of being in the guest house of Berry's Hollywood Hills home earlier this month.
He now faces two felonies stemming from three incidents.
Berry has written in court filings that she is "extremely frightened" of the 27-year-old. She says he nearly gained entry into her kitchen before she was able to lock the door.
Criminal and civil judges have issued restraining orders against Franco in case he is released.
He has pleaded not guilty to stalking the actress and is due in court on Aug. 4.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate