Accused Halle Berry stalker faces new felony charge
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The man charged with stalking actress Halle Berry is now facing another felony charge.
Richard A. Franco pleaded not guilty to the additional charge of burglary on Wednesday.
He is accused of being in the guest house of Berry's Hollywood Hills home earlier this month.
He now faces two felonies stemming from three incidents.
Berry has written in court filings that she is "extremely frightened" of the 27-year-old. She says he nearly gained entry into her kitchen before she was able to lock the door.
Criminal and civil judges have issued restraining orders against Franco in case he is released.
He has pleaded not guilty to stalking the actress and is due in court on Aug. 4.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 9 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 5 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
5 min ago