Sissy Spacek receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Oscar-winning actress Sissy Spacek received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday.
Joined by her family and two longtime friends, director David Lynch and actor Bill Paxton, the 61-year-old actress was honored with star number 2,443 in front of The El Capitan Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard. During the ceremony, she recounted the first time she saw the Walk of Fame.
"I'd just arrived in California, I was fresh off the bus so to speak. I spent the whole day here and I had the best time. I walked around for a while, I found my favorite stars, I bought some ice cream, I walked around so more and I tried to imagine what it might be like to have my own star one day," she told the crowd.
Spacek's career has spanned more than 30 years. She received her first Academy Award nomination in 1977 for her portrayal of a shy, troubled high school senior with telekinetic powers in the horror film "Carrie."
Spacek won an Oscar the next time she was nominated in 1981 for her portrayal of county singer Loretta Lynn in "Coal Miner's Daughter."
Spacek's other Academy Award nominations were for "Missing" (1982), "The River" (1984), "Crimes of the Heart" (1986), and "In the Bedroom" (2001). She's also the winner of three Golden Globes.
Her latest movie, "The Help," comes out later this month.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 2 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 16 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 18 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 8 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour