Sissy Spacek receives Hollywood Walk of Fame star
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Oscar-winning actress Sissy Spacek received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Monday.
Joined by her family and two longtime friends, director David Lynch and actor Bill Paxton, the 61-year-old actress was honored with star number 2,443 in front of The El Capitan Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard. During the ceremony, she recounted the first time she saw the Walk of Fame.
"I'd just arrived in California, I was fresh off the bus so to speak. I spent the whole day here and I had the best time. I walked around for a while, I found my favorite stars, I bought some ice cream, I walked around so more and I tried to imagine what it might be like to have my own star one day," she told the crowd.
Spacek's career has spanned more than 30 years. She received her first Academy Award nomination in 1977 for her portrayal of a shy, troubled high school senior with telekinetic powers in the horror film "Carrie."
Spacek won an Oscar the next time she was nominated in 1981 for her portrayal of county singer Loretta Lynn in "Coal Miner's Daughter."
Spacek's other Academy Award nominations were for "Missing" (1982), "The River" (1984), "Crimes of the Heart" (1986), and "In the Bedroom" (2001). She's also the winner of three Golden Globes.
Her latest movie, "The Help," comes out later this month.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 7 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game 21 min ago
- Honda tops IIHS list of safest new cars
- Willie Nelson, Daft Punk to perform at Grammys 59 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis